Saturday, November 10, 2007

What’s with the Piercing?

During lunch time yesterday, a close friend asked about my ear piercings. If I remembered precisely, that’s not the first time she asked. I gave her the same answer as before. I said they’re just for fun when in actual fact, they’re not. The truth is, they reminded me of someone I love years ago. Wish I could easily share with anyone but I can’t. Baby is the only one who knew when I told her about my past 2 years ago. 

I had my second piercing after my first break up with Eila in 1998 after caught her sneaking out with a guy when we were together. Although we made up after that, it lasted only 6 months when she suddenly went away. She quit her job and left without a word. I searched for her everywhere but no one knows her whereabout. Her family refused to tell the truth, her best friend avoided me and her office mates said they knew nothing about her being away. I was frustrated as there's no one left to ask. Someone must have known something but refused to tell the truth. After months of search, I decided to stop as it led me nowhere. It was then I had the third piercing to remind me of the incident. I never regret having it although she came back a year later. When she left again in 2001, I totally lost faith in love. My heart just can't take it and I had to let her go. Don't want to pierce anymore when she left for the third time. Deep down inside, I still believe she will come back again someday. I still do ...

If it doesn’t hurt, then it’s definitely not love. T
hat's the reason why. It hurts me so bad that I hurt myself even more to get over it. I don't do it for just anyone. Even when I was on a ‘break’ with Baby in April 2006, I didn’t do anything to hurt myself. Baby is just someone I was looking to replace Eila but turned out that no one can take her place in my heart. She's irreplaceable. 
Love hurts but life hurts more when you’re not with that special someone. For the ultimate act of love, I would ‘Tattoo’ her name in my heart ... which I already did.

Just like a Tattoo … I’ll always have you Eila

XOXO

No comments: